Premises liability occurs when you are injured on someone else’s property.  These cases can take many forms:

  • Slip, trip, and fall accidents where hazards in a public place cause injuries
  • Dog bites occurring when a domestic dog bites and injures someone
  • Inadequate security on private property
  • Poor lighting conditions on private property
  • Defective products

Click on a link below for practical advice about what to do when you have been injured while on someone else’s premises:

Contact us today to discuss your case via phone (904) 354-4680 or email.

slip_fallSlips, trips, and falls

It is vitally important to obtain evidence of the property owner’s negligence in slip, trip, and fall cases.  Evidence is easily lost in the days and weeks following an accident.   Ice melts.  Wet surfaces dry.   Floors are fix
ed.  Your case suffers the consequences.  Eyewitness testimony, photographs, and other documentation are vital pieces of evidence. We work with our investigators to obtain the evidence you need to prove premises liability for slips, trips, and falls. We document evidence of:

  • Poor lighting
  • Ice
  • Wet surfaces
  • Loose carpeting
  • Stairs of uneven rise
  • The presence of loose objects
  • Unexpected dangers

Homeowners claims

home_insuranceWhen you or a visitor is injured on your own property, your homeowner’s insurance should cover at least a portion of the damages.  Based on the type of coverage you selected, you may be entitled to compensation for casualties, disaster recovery, or accidents.   You may also be able to obtain compensation for personal injury resulting from:

  • Earthquakes, floods, or other natural disasters
  • Downed trees
  • Slips, trips, and falls
  • Swimming pool accidents
  • Injuries occurring on your property

Once you file your claim, the insurance company will send out an insurance claims adjuster.  The adjuster hired by the insurance company has an incentive to keep the insurance company’s costs low.  Consider hiring an independent insurance adjuster to fight low settlement offers. Depending on the size of your claim, it might be worth it to hire an attorney.

Contact us today to discuss your case via phone (904) 354-4680 or email.

Dog bites and Animal Attacks

Dog Bites and Animal Attack Cases handle by the law firm of Rosenberg Calvin, P.A.Legally, dog-owners are liable for injuries that occur after a dog bite—unless they can prove that you trespassed on their property or somehow provoked the dog.  You need a lawyer to help you investigate whether the dog-owner was negligent in protecting you from harm. Along with our investigators, we research whether:

  • The dog has a dangerous propensity to bite
  • The dog has bitten someone else in the past
  • The fencing, leash, rope, or chain was not secure enough to restrain the dog
  • There are warning signs regarding the presence of the dog
  • The dog-owner regularly muzzles the dog
  • The dog-owner warns people to stay away from the dog
  • The dog-owner allows the dog to run free despite leash laws

Your injuries require medical care and the dog needs to be restrained in order to prevent future harm.  As attorneys, we can help you take action to protect yourself and others from future harm.  Homeowners and renters insurance often cover the costs of medical injuries. We can help you pursue the legal remedies available to you.

Contact us today to discuss your case via phone (904) 354-4680 or email.