Auto, Motorcycle, & Trucking Accidents
Automobile accidents sometimes happen because of substandard repairs, negligent drivers in parking lots, or intoxicated drivers. We work with experienced experts to gather evidence at the scene of the accident and assess your legal remedies.
Accident investigations help determine who and what is at fault. We work with investigators to look into such factors as:
- How or where the accident occurred
- Weather, road, and lighting conditions
- Condition of the vehicle(s)
What should I do if I am injured in a motor vehicle accident?
When you have been injured in an auto accident, it is vitally important to seek the advice of an attorney as soon as possible. Evidence at the crime scene can be destroyed, tainted, and misplaced in the days and weeks following an accident. We will often hire an experienced investigator to protect your interests at the accident scene. You should also:
- Report the accident to the police.
- Get names and contact information from any witnesses.
- If you are injured, seek medical attention quickly.
- Take photographs of the vehicles involved in the collision and of the accident scene.
- Report the accident to your insurance company and make sure that the accident is reported to the insurance company for the at-fault driver.
- Do not take any recorded statements to the adversarial insurance company.
- Cooperate fully and give any necessary statements to your insurance company.
- Do not sign any releases or other documentation without seeking the advice of an attorney.
What happens when an uninsured person causes an accident that injures someone?
Under Florida law, motor vehicle owners are not required to purchase bodily injury insurance. Many drivers in the State of Florida purchase automobile insurance without bodily injury coverage. Therefore, you should protect yourself against being the victim of a driver who does not maintain bodily injury coverage by purchasing uninsured motorist coverage. Uninsured motorist coverage allows you to be compensated for your injuries just as if the uninsured person who caused your accident had purchased bodily injury coverage. It is relatively affordable and offers important protection against uninsured drivers.
Insurance coverage can determine the damages you can recoup. We have nearly 40 years of combined experience dealing with claims adjusters. We can help you obtain the best possible result. Our firm has the legal resources and investigative contacts you need to prove your case in court.
A collision with a 60,000 pound vehicle is likely to have disastrous consequences. When you have been injured or a loved one has died in a trucking accident, you need an experienced attorney to help you get the compensation you deserve. Trucking companies are required to comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations. We are experienced with these regulations and can determine whether the at-fault truck driver and his employer were in employer in compliance. The following are issues that arise in trucking cases:
- Excess weight
- Poor maintenance
- Improper loading
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Passing unsafely
- Crossing center lines into oncoming traffic
- Drinking or using drugs
- Not obeying traffic laws by following too closely or running a light
- Driving in what is called a “no-zone”, blind spots located around the front, back and sides of the truck where the truck driver cannot see vehicles
- Cutting between a truck and a curb, resulting in a car getting stuck in a “squeeze play” when a truck is swinging wide to negotiate a turn
The trucking company’s accident investigators will be looking closely for evidence that a passenger car is partly to blame for the accident. Do not make any statements or sign any documents presented to you by insurance claims adjusters. Speak to an attorney first. Our knowledge of interstate commerce laws and experience with investigating accident scenes can prove valuable to you and your case. We assess the physical, emotional, and financial losses you have had to endure to ensure that you are fully and fairly compensated.
Sharing the roadway with motorists can be dangerous, especially when motorists are impaired by blind spots and weather conditions. As your attorney, we call on top experts — from accident investigators to motorcycle mechanics — to uncover the root cause of your accident and injury. We investigate:
- Lack of attention by the motorist
- Previous claims against the motorist
- Insurance coverage
- Impairment related to drugs or alcohol
- Weather conditions
- Road defects
- Animal involvement
Even when you adhere to the strictest motorcycle safety standards, you may face an accident and injury. No matter who is to blame for the accident, we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve for the injuries you have sustained.
Speak to an Attorney Today
For legal advice specific to your case, contact us today for your free consultation. There is no upfront cost to take your case to trial. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning our fees are completely dependent on whether you receive a settlement or money judgment.
Rosenberg & Calvin proudly serves clients in Jacksonville, Florida and surrounding areas.
This site contains attorney advertising.
Rosenberg & Calvin
554 Lomax Street
Jacksonville, FL 32204