When a family member’s death could have been avoided with the proper precautions, a wrongful death lawsuit allows surviving family members to pursue justice. Taking legal action cannot bring back your loved one, but we can hold the people responsible for the accident accountable for the consequences.
Legal remedies for wrongful death lawsuits include compensation or reimbursement under the Wrongful Death Act, and the damages recoverable are set forth under the Florida Statute 768.21. You may be entitled to compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical, hospital, funeral, and burial expenses
- Losses suffered by the spouse, children, or next of kin, including—
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of services
- Loss of parental instruction and guidance
- Loss of protection and companionship
- Mental pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings
Contact me today to discuss your case.